Friday, June 15, 2012

"Super Sigmas - Troy Sigmas Save 2 Elderly People from Car Crash"

This past weekend was suppose to be nothing but fun and more fun, as Mike and I journeyed the road to reach a specific destination.  The Atlanta Greek Picnic 2012, was the only thing on our minds, especially Mike with his driving.

Thought the drive was not that bad, especially after considering the people that we meet from Indiana, Seattle, and Tampa.  I must say, that Mike's driving was still crazy, burning up the road trying to reach our final stop for the night.

When I tell you that Mike that was driving with his foot in the floorboard.  He was literally driving so fast that I attempted to fastened my seatbelt after it was already connected.
Mile after mile I was simply hoping not to get pulled over by the cops.  I guess when they say, "don't think about the police or mention them because they will pop up," they really meant it.  As soon as I put my phone down from tweeting the homies that had already touched down in the city  we where about 40 miles out, the lights came on.

I just knew that we were about to get off.  Man we college students, on a way to a historical event, I know Mike can talk his way out of this one.  The Alabama State Trooper with Georgia Plates on his vehicle (yes, I know weird right) said, "Son do you know that you were going 88 in a 55?"  I immediately hung my head and said, "man he bout to give Mike a ticket."
I personally hated it for him, because paying tickets is a beast.  Seems that they are due right round the time when anther bill is due or you simply just don't got the money to pay for them.
As we both hung our heads due to this ticket spoiling the moment for the both of us and I honestly didn't have to deal with it.  The trooper sent us on our way and we slowly began back with our journey to Atlanta.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't even a good 10 miles that we went up the road.  Traffic was stopped for some odd reason as Mike broke his speed.  I look ahead to try and see what was going on and I seen a vehicle down, that was crashed very badly on the back passenger side of the vehicle.  The one thing that cause me to tell Mike to stop was because I seen pedestrians running across the street.  I immediately turned my head to the right to see a car upside down, crashed into a tree.

The Sigma Angel
The only thing that was going through my head was that, "something is wrong and we need to help Mike."  I then told Mike, "Pull over brah, those people need help!"   Mike pulled to the side of the road.  I jumped out, the bat mobile (That's what Mike calls his car) and ran/slide down the hill.  I started talking to the passengers of the crashed vehicle as the other by-stander that were helping was communicating with them as well.

The immediate problem that posed a threat towards myself as well as the passengers inside the crashed vehicle was that there was a hugh rock in front of the passenger side door.  I began to try and move it, taking lacerations to my hands and fingertips.  However, the rock was to heavy for me to move myself.  Mike standing still at the road trying desperately to contact 911, jumps down the hill to help me move the rock as we finally get it moved.

The pressure from the vehicle being upside down now becomes a problem as we are having problems breaking the windows because the doors are jammed.  The other by-stander remembers that he has some kind of steal beam inside of his vehicle.  As I continue to converse with the victims letting them know that we are about to get them out of the car.  Mike yells downs and tells us that, "paramedics and polices are on the way."

Once the by-stander returns, he breaks the front driver side window and I began to clear the glass from around the window.  We instruct the female victim that she will be the first to leave the vehicle.
Slowly but surely, we get her out and next the male.  Seeing that these people were elderly and no wounds, only scratches, this was truly the work of the man above himself.
Photos from the actual accident along Interstate I-20
North bound toward Atlanta, Georgia
The vehicle that the 2 elderly people drove was a Honda Accord.  So to Honda, whatever you all or doing for your vehicles to save lives, please continue to do so.

I witness this vehicle upside down, crashed into a tree and no one was ejected from the vehicle.  You can't ask for anything more from your car or from the good Lord.

Though I felt like a hero and that I had did something meaningful  on my way to Atlanta, my friend Mike was puzzled about the entire situation. He called his mom and everything. Brah said, "Man...I ain't never seen or been through nothing like that. How you handling yourself so well?"  I honestly didn't know how to reply as this is second hand to me.

Above all, everyone made it out of the situation alive and well.  And two Sigmas from the Alpha Alpha Lambda Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. stood tall for serving humanity.

-Tyron

***Mike is not the actual name of the Sigma from Troy.**** 

No comments:

Post a Comment