Monday, April 23, 2012

Think Like A Man

The most random things cause the most random feelings.  The craziest things make people do the most idiotic things.

Throughout watching the movie “Think Like a Man” I proceeded to keep my mindset in one particular point-of-view.  However, it seemed as if I would be enlighten myself as well as allowing my brain to evolve a little to let some different things sink in. 

I have personally not read Steve Harvey’s Book in which this film originated from.  And as most critics would review, one should definitely read the book before viewing the film. 

Well audience, I went into the movie looking at Steve Harvey as a sell-out to men.  I honestly believe that as men there are things in which should stay amongst men.  For everybody thus far that is reading this and is already disagreeing.  Just think about it this way.  How many of these Lil’ young cats or men in general you know that take their woman to the barbershop with them?  I mean Steve did point out that we (men) want something to show off (trophy), but fellows you have to believe that there is a time and place for everything.  The barbershop is the men’s sanction, a place in which we go to talk about things that we don’t care to talk about around women.  Though a lot of Steve’s points-made throughout this film were pretty much common sense for a mature woman.  Hearing these things of this nature coming from another man was just kind of disturbing.  I mean look at it like this, how many of you guys that are making this mistake are going to the beauty salon with your woman?  Exactly, none!

Now I think it’s only right to say that I am a big fan of Steve and will always be.  I mean I listened to his radio show for 3 years straight (and honestly if I could figure out how to keep listening to it now, then I would).   The same radio station in which told me his real reasons for writing his book.  Steve told the world that he had a daughter and she was the inspiration to make sure that he taught her how to keep all the dogs away, because that’s daddy Lil girl.  Ok America, what person (or critic) can tell a father that he is wrong for whatever system he decides to use to protect his daughter?  None!!  However, at the exposure of what? Man, Steve use to have a line-up that couldn’t nobody even figure out why it looked the way it did, with swag and a suit, can’t nobody tell me he wasn’t doing his thug-thizzle….lol.  Am I attempting to justify treating women as if they are nothing or not worthy of love and affection and happiness and honesty because a guy wants to be a typical growing guy, No!  But relationships are here to teach and grow everyone that goes through them.  Taking the dogs and man whores completely out of the game would be eliminating a key party of the food chain.  Throughout all relationships and companionships there must be something to allow us to learn so that we know exactly when we have received the real things.  Like Steve said, “the women that already has a child/children and wants to wait 6 months before exposing her kid/kids to her new friend.  What if your friend doesn’t like your kids after being introduced, now you’ve just wasted 6 months for nothing?”  Typical guys are the same way; they’re needed, so for the brothers that is still going through their pimping stage, “pimp on brother”. 
Though the man-code was definitely violated, this film opened up my eyes because of the feedback in which came from everyone in the theater.  For instance, a lot of the situations from this film are pretty much common sense. Matter of fact, Steve should have just told the women of the world, “if you don’t have the common sense for yourself to analyze a situation and make sure that a brother understands your worth”, then you deserve to get dogged out.

Like that “90-Day Rule”, I don’t think in my little twenty-seven years of living and twelve years of so-called having sex that I have ever waited three months for sex.  Well hold on let me take that back.  My ex-girlfriend made me wait about that long.  Matter of fact, she took everything that I’ve taught her and is applying it to Steve’s frat brother nowadays.  And my ass in still alone without anything close to being a wife…cause she using the "Think Like a Man (Chestnut Version)" on someone right now. 

I do like the “90-Minute Rule” though, 30 minutes at the movies, 30 minutes at dinner and then 30-minutes driving back to the house…lol.  I think this makes a lot more since than waiting 90 days just to get laid.  What if you do wait 3 months and then it ain’t bout nothing.  Once again you have put yourself in another bad situation, of waiting and prolonging for nothing.

Lastly, I know I’ve thrown Steve’s name and his views around as if he acting like he’s not a man.  But in all reality, he exemplifies what you become when you’re ready to grow up.  Not just from the ladies aspect of looking at us guys, but all around.  A relationship will not be complete without two understanding people that share some type of passion. Changing this and that just to get laid, means changing and swapping number in the next couple of months, to get rid of a problem that just won’t leave you alone.

Fellows, I’ve definitely had my fun and I will not tell you to go one way when I have lived another.  I’d simply say be careful and know what you want when it’s all said and done.

To the homie Steve Harvey, great movie, to the audience, live life to the fullest, but learn how to really love and respect someone while doing so, and until the next time people, keep it real, it’s the only way to be.

-TyRon







 




No comments:

Post a Comment